When it comes to safety in a triathlon number one is to have the best bike helmet available to you.
The bike is by far the fastest part if the race so you want to make sure you are protected in case you take a tumble.
You can’t enter a race without a bike helmet and you will be disqualified from the race if you transition from swim to the bike without clipping up your helmet.
Same goes for when you finish the bike section.
You must keep your helmet on and fastened until you stop completely and the bike is racked.
Our best Triathlon Helmets for 2017 season
- Wind Tunnel-aided Design for Aero Efficiency for Road, Track, or Tri
- Zeiss Optical Shield w/ Magnetic Attachment
- Removable X-Static? Comfort Padding; 6 Vents with Internal Channeling
- Featherweight Webbing with Slimline? Buckle
- In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell with EPS Liner; Roc Loc? Air
- In-Mold construction reinforces the area around the vents and ribs, creating a one-piece exoskeleton, which allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable and better ventilated than traditional designs
- 5 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channels thrust cool, fresh air over and around your head while forcing heat and stale air out
- Quite possibly the best-fitting retention system you've ever experienced, the Roc Loc 5 easily adjusts both fit tension and vertical position with a single hand, plus it's 40% lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4
- Includes waterslide graphics
- Certified CPSC
- BEAT THE CLOCK - Race-proven aero technology that doesn’t skimp on comfort and fit. For triathlon or time trial competition, this is how you beat the clock
- SEAMFLEX EARFLAPS & FUSION IN-MOLD POLYCARBONATE SHELL - Seamflex earflaps make it quick and easy to put on or remove. A process pioneered by bell bonds the helmet's outer shell to the eps foam liner to create a sturdier helmet
- X-STATIC AND XT2 PADDING - Quick-drying materials, woven with real silver fibers.
- SPECIFICATIONS - Small (51-55 cm), Medium (55-59 cm), and Large (59-63 cm); 3 Total Vents; Lightweight Straps Retention System.
No products found.
- Patented Aquavent allows cooling with water through top of helmet
- Rollsys retention system; flexible ear covers; front and rear venting
- Aero shape and finish combine to make an exceptionally low drag TT helmet; optimal aerodynamics while riding with head down
- The color of the straps is aligned to the color of the individual helmet
No products found.
We have put together this time trial helmet review to help you in your search for a new tt helmet.
Helmets come in many shapes and sizes and this post will concentrate on full triathlon style helmets.
They look very different because they are shaped for maximum aero dynamics and it is not an item that you would be wearing whilst out on a leisurely ride in the countryside.
Well you might but you will get a serious amount of ‘blank stares’ from people as you whizz by.