When it comes to safety in a triathlon number one is to have the best bike helmet available to you.
The bike is by far the fastest part if the race so you want to make sure you are protected in case you take a tumble.
You can’t enter a race without a bike helmet and you will be disqualified from the race if you transition from swim to the bike without clipping up your helmet.
Same goes for when you finish the bike section.
You must keep your helmet on and fastened until you stop completely and the bike is racked.
Our best Triathlon Helmets for 2017 season
- In-Mold construction reinforces the area around the vents and ribs, creating a one-piece exoskeleton, which allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable and better ventilated than traditional designs
- 5 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channels thrust cool, fresh air over and around your head while forcing heat and stale air out
- Quite possibly the best-fitting retention system you've ever experienced, the Roc Loc 5 easily adjusts both fit tension and vertical position with a single hand, plus it's 40% lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4
- Includes waterslide graphics
- Certified CPSC
- Material: polystyrene, EVA
- Adjustable Vents: no
- Fit Adjustment: Twin Axis Gear fit system
- Claimed Weight: 380 g
- Recommended Use: cycling
No products found.
No products found.
- Details:Overbrow Ventilation: 13 Active Aero Vents, 2 Over brow ventsX-Static Padding that uses Progressive Layering TechnologyMagnetic Ziess Shield Color: SmokeAvailable in Retina Sear/White Blur, Red/Black Blur, White/Black Blur, and Matte Black
We have put together this time trial helmet review to help you in your search for a new tt helmet.
Helmets come in many shapes and sizes and this post will concentrate on full triathlon style helmets.
They look very different because they are shaped for maximum aero dynamics and it is not an item that you would be wearing whilst out on a leisurely ride in the countryside.
Well you might but you will get a serious amount of ‘blank stares’ from people as you whizz by.