When it comes to safety in a triathlon number one is to have the best bike helmet available to you.
The bike is by far the fastest part if the race so you want to make sure you are protected in case you take a tumble.
You can’t enter a race without a bike helmet and you will be disqualified from the race if you transition from swim to the bike without clipping up your helmet.
Same goes for when you finish the bike section.
You must keep your helmet on and fastened until you stop completely and the bike is racked.
Our best Triathlon Helmets for 2017 season
- Wind Tunnel-aided Design for Aero Efficiency for Road, Track, or Tri
- Zeiss Optical Shield w/ Magnetic Attachment
- Removable X-Static? Comfort Padding; 6 Vents with Internal Channeling
- Featherweight Webbing with Slimline? Buckle
- In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell with EPS Liner; Roc Loc? Air
- In-Mold construction reinforces the area around the vents and ribs, creating a one-piece exoskeleton, which allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable and better ventilated than traditional designs
- 5 Wind Tunnel vents with internal channels thrust cool, fresh air over and around your head while forcing heat and stale air out
- Quite possibly the best-fitting retention system you've ever experienced, the Roc Loc 5 easily adjusts both fit tension and vertical position with a single hand, plus it's 40% lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4
- Includes waterslide graphics
- Certified CPSC
- Adjustable Twin Axis Gear (TAG) fit system for a superior fit
- Removable Race Shield and SeamFlex Ear Flaps
- Fusion In-Mold Microshell construction and channeled ventilation
- Weighs 380 grams and comes in three sizes
- Features X-Static Antimicrobial padding
- Weighs 345 grams, One size fits all
- 4-Vent internal channeling, CPSC approved, Chin strap protector
- Drag: 3.306, Drag @ 25 mph : 3.260, Drag Coefficient: 0.2465
- Flexible side panels, DuraShell in-mold construction
- Lifetime crash replacement warranty
- Lightweight, tail-less design
- Ventilation: 6 vents
- Fit Adjustment: Roc Loc 5
- Construction: In-Mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Fusion In-Mold Polycarbonate Shell is the result of an in-molding process which bonds the helmet's Microshell to its EPS foam layer for a sturdier, more solid helmet
- Progressive Layering uses a EPS foam liner that's constructed in 2 layered parts, each using different material densities, to help manage the energy of impacts
- Active Aero Slider vent lets the rider regulate airflow, temperature and aero efficiency on-the-fly with a simple button seamlessly integrated into the top of the helmet
- 15 channeled vents bring cool air in through the front, allowing it to pass over your head and then flushes warm air out of the rear ports -- so YOU stay cool and your HEAD stays cool
- Patented Aquavent allows cooling with water through top of helmet
- Rollsys retention system; flexible ear covers; front and rear venting
- Aero shape and finish combine to make an exceptionally low drag TT helmet; optimal aerodynamics while riding with head down
- The color of the straps is aligned to the color of the individual helmet
- Active Aero; Cinch Guide; Float Fit
- In-Mold Carbonate Shell; Lighweight Kit; Magnetic Zeiss Eye Shield
- Progressive Layering; X-Static Padding
- WEIGHT: 280 Grams, VENTS: 17
- CERTIFICATION: CE EN1078 CPSC Bicycle
We have put together this time trial helmet review to help you in your search for a new tt helmet.
Helmets come in many shapes and sizes and this post will concentrate on full triathlon style helmets.
They look very different because they are shaped for maximum aero dynamics and it is not an item that you would be wearing whilst out on a leisurely ride in the countryside.
Well you might but you will get a serious amount of ‘blank stares’ from people as you whizz by.
Sprint Distance Triathlete. Swim, Bike, Run, Fitness. IronMan is on the cards for 2018. Love the tech behind triathlon equipment and spend far too much time testing everything out so you don’t have to!!